DARVIN FURNITURE FORD EXPLORER AND WYNDHAM GIVEAWAY
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility. Darvin Furniture Ford Explorer and Wyndham Getaway Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Rizza Auto Group,
Darvin Furniture and Appliance of Orland Park, Inc. (“Darvin Furniture & Mattress”) and other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies
as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. One entry per person, per household. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and
regulations. Driver’s license required.
2. Sponsors. Rizza Auto Group, located at 8100 W 159th St, Orland Park, IL 60462, is the sponsor of the Ford Explorer (the “Sponsor”) and Darvin Furniture and Appliance of Orland Park, Inc. located at 15400 South La Grange Road, Orland
Park IL 60462, is the sponsor of the Wyndham Getaway.
3. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning the
Prizes, as hereinafter defined, is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
4. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begin on March 10, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. CST and ends on July 13, 2020, at 9:00 p.m. CST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Period will be
5. How to Enter. Limit one (1) entry per household for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Entry in the Sweepstakes shall be by completing the official entry form at Darvin Furniture located at 15400 South La Grange Road,
Orland Park, IL, and depositing the entry form in the Sweepstakes raffle drum located inside the store. Entries received from any household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor
and Darvin Furniture and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. Prize Drawings. On or about 10:30 a.m. CST on July 14th, 2020 (the “Drawings”), a representative of Darvin Furniture will select twenty (20) finalists to receive a 2020 Ford Explorer numerical code in a random drawing from among all
eligible entries received. Finalists will be posted on Darvin.com and notified by email or phone, eligibility verified and instructed to be at Darvin Furniture 4pm, Sat. July 18th, 2020 if they choose to enter. Finalists present will select a
numerical code from our raffle drum, only one (1) code will start the 2020 Ford Explorer. All other finalists present will receive a 4 day/3 night Wyndham hotel getaway voucher. The finalists need to be present to win. The odds of being selected
as a winner are estimated at 1 in 3,000 depending on the number of entries received.
7. Winner Notification. If the finalists are not present at the Drawings, a representative of Darvin Furniture will attempt to notify the finalists within three (3) days after the Drawings via mail or telephone. If the finalists do not
respond within three (3) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, then Darvin Furniture may select an alternate winner of the Key Fob in his/her place at random from the remaining non-winning, eligible entries. If any of the
alternate finalists do not respond within one (1) day after the date of the attempt to contact him/her, then such alternate winner(s) forfeit the Prize(s) won. The finalists must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official
Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that the finalists are disqualified for any reason, Darvin Furniture and the Sponsor will repeat the Key Fob selection, respectively, to alternate finalists by random
drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. The Grand Prize will be available for pick from Rizza Ford no more than thirty (30) days after the winner receives notice of the Prize awarded.
8. Prizes. The grand prize is a 2020 Model Year Ford Explorer, make and model (the “Explorer”) and the runner up prize is a 4 day/3 night Wyndham Getaway (collectively, the “Prizes”). The retail value of the Explorer is $40,000.00.
All taxes, title, license and documentation fees and any other fees or costs to obtain the Explorer, which are estimated to be $4,000.00, are solely the winner’s responsibility. The retail value of the Getaway is up to $499.00 and will vary by city
and state. Taxes and deposit are solely the winner’s responsibility. Voucher request must be submitted to Capitol Marketing on or before April 30, 2021. 12 month redemption period. All trips are fully transferable. 35 day advance notice required.
Black out date: weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
9. General Conditions. In the event that conducting the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes
to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that conforms to these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Sweepstakes and, in the event of termination, award the Prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries
received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of
these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor
and/or Darvin Furniture reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees and costs) and any remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official
Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Darvin Furniture and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and
promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Sweepstakes and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action
arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of the Prizes, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) human, printing or typographical errors; (c) any other problems in connection
with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the finalists, the cancellation or postponement of the Sweepstakes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or
(d) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the Prizes. Entrants further
agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the entrants be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees. The Released Parties
are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information in the Sweepstakes. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, special, incidental, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect
11. Disputes. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or the Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to
any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Cook County, Illinois. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and
obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor or Darvin Furniture in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of
law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Privacy. Information collected from entrants may be used by the Sponsor and/or Darvin Furniture for purposes of sending promotional mailings and advertisements, and entrants acknowledge and agree that their information may
be used for such purposes.
13. Winners’ List. To request the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Darvin Furniture, 15400 South La Grange Road, Orland Park, IL 60462, Attention: Sue McMillan. Winners’ list requests will only be
accepted thirty (30) days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.